8 months ago we shared a post about the opportunity to leverage LinkedIn for Campus Recruiting. Now, as LinkedIn surpasses 80 million members this is even more of a reality. With LinkedIn’s Career Explorer, available at 60 Universities in the U.S. as part of the beta, students now have the ability to explore different career paths based on their school, level of education, and desired industry.
In addition to visualizing various career paths, they’ll also be able to find relevant job opportunities, top companies, estimated salary ranges as well as the people in their network who can get them there.
What’s in it for companies?
- A base of 2.5 million students globally currently registered on the site
- Students is one of the fastest growing demographics on LinkedIn
- Talent for both internship and entry level hiring needs
- An opportunity to build talent pipelines with advanced targeting
- Branding your organization, culture, and talent with Career Pages
- Distribution of job postings
During the first half of 2010, over 250,000 students researched jobs on LinkedIn. With with over 200,000 new students registering EVERY MONTH, they are just getting started.