We recently shared the list of the top 10 Job Search & Job Seeker iPhone Apps. A couple of months later (yesterday) Apple announced another milestone, with 3 billion downloaded Apps. That’s an increase of a billion in 3 months.
While Mobile Recruiting is evolving for both Candidates and Recruiters, it is about a lot more than just Apps. IF you’re not yet paying attention to mobile recruiting or are still skeptical, how’s this for a business case: Mobile to become leading access point for connecting to the internet by 2020.
Whether or not you have an iPhone, here 7 Apps to pay attention to and leverage for productivity on-the-go in Recruiting:
- The Hire Syndicate is the only Recruiter split placement community that enables Recruiters to collaborate with networks of trusted Recruiters and share placements using real time and mobile recruiting technology. The price: FREE
- AutoSearch offers Recruiters the ability to scour the Internet for top prospective candidates and leads without spending hours on dozens of individual sites or forming complicated Boolean search strings. The price: $4.99
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking. This is an easy-to-use voice recognition application that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. Can be used for communicating with hiring leaders or candidates, and also comes in handy for writing blog posts when injured. The price: FREE.
- In late October, Accelerate Mobile Apps, Inc. announced the release of The Interviewer that was designed to make the process of interviewing job candidates easier and more effective. The price: $14.99
- LinkedIn for the iPhone 3.0 (upgraded) was just announced last week. The LinkedIn app allows you to leverage the power of your professional network on-the-go. Search for people you are preparing to meet, quickly find contact information, and send and receive invitations and messages. The price: FREE
- BeamME. With BeamMe you can send your virtual business cards (Vcard) sent to devices via SMS and email. The price: FREE
- The iPhone. When all else fails, pick up the phone and recruit. The price: Varies.