Congrats to @dmanaster and the ERE gang for another successful recruiting expo.
There was no shortage of tweets, or great content. Session coverage was provided by tweeps including @CincyRecruiter, @TheRecruiterGuy, @jrl2002, @ewmonster, @JennyDeVaughn, @sarahw79, and a whole lot more…
While there were thousands of tweets, here were some of the top 10 favorites:
- HR should report to Recruiting (this one got cheers).
- 82% of recruiters use LinkedIn, 44% use Facebook, & 25% use Twitter… To find candidates.
- We shouldn’t be calling email databases ‘communities’ in today’s online landscape.
- If you are an expert in social media why would you protect your twitter stream.
- We’re not using these tools to weed out talent. we’re using these tools to weed in talent.
- Crowdsourcing is becoming the new job board.
- Leadership is not a function of position. It is a function of behavior.
- The next recruiter killer app is the recruiter.
- The best college students aren’t looking for jobs! “A” students are starting a business. They want independence.
- There is not a population shortage, but there is a talent shortage. Talent is defined as people who have skills our organizations need now to reach business goals, make a profit, invent new products, and remain relevant.
Real all of the ERE Expo tweets with the #ereexpo hashtag.
Until next spring…